REPORTING TO: Engineering Manager
Provides liaison between the engineering department and other departments of the manufacturing division to assure that the manufacture or purchase of products meet functional requirements at the lowest possible cost. Maintains a constant surveillance over product design and manufacturing processes for the purpose of reducing and controlling costs. Responsible for the design of all special production machinery necessary to maintain manufacturing operations at competitive levels.
- Reviews manufacturing operations and maintains a current project schedule which reflects current machine design requirements.
- Design and coordinates the manufacture and shakedown of all production machines and machine elements for all process requirements for which satisfactory purchased equipment is not available.
- Surveys all manufacturing operations to determine areas for process INVESTIGATIONS. Recommends process changes where justifiable by cost studies.
- Provides engineering advice. Compiles data and determines probable costs for process improvement projects.
- Reviews new designs during the development phase and prior to the issuance of production drawings. Recommends modifications where advisable to minimize cost and conform to production capabilities and limitations.
- Determines methods for manufacture during design of new products. Recommends design modifications to permit manufacture by the most favorable method.
- Provides engineering services to other departments as required.
- Generates 3D layouts using customer information
- Generate fabrication drawings as needed for manufacturing of exhaust systems
- Provide CAD technicians with information and 3D layouts to generate fabrication drawings and cutlists. Check and review drawings and orders processed by technicians.
- Perform Backpressure Calculations
- Perform Diffuser Design Review
- Review Water Intake Requirements
- Perform Temperature calculations
- Perform Boat Measuring duties for Exhaust system design.
- Perform Cost estimates of exhaust systems for sales department
- Support sales dept. with preliminary design for potential customers.
- Perform weight calculations
- Perform R&D and design improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Detailed Oriented
- Computer proficient, ALIBRE and CAD preferable
- Understanding of measurements
- Bi-Lingual a plus
BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or 5 years in equivalent experience.
The employee will be required to maintain grooming standards that complement a professional office environment.
Perform other duties as assigned.
We offer health, vision, and dental Insurance. Paid PTO and sick days.