Department: Shipping and Receiving
Responsible for all shipping and receiving functions within the Materials department. Following guidelines, procedures, and instructions on shipping and receiving documentation.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Operates forklift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving area to storage, work area, or into freight trucks.
- Must have a valid drivers license to perform deliveries and pick-ups.
- Must be able to perform simple math and use a calculator.
- Must be able to lift 50 ponds unassisted. Must be able to work standing all day.
HS diploma or equivalent. Forklift training. Valid driver’s license.
The employee will be required to maintain grooming standards that complement a professional office environment.
Perform other duties as assigned.