Responsible for fabricating components to the dimensions on drawings, sketches, or schematics as well as duplicating sample pieces.
- Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as marine risers, mufflers, tanks, and manifolds according to blueprints and knowledge of welding and metallurgy.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together. Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- May assemble parts by bolting, clamping, and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using a cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must have knowledge of basic math skills including decimals, angles, and gauge thicknesses.
- Must be able to work standing all day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or equivalent.
We offer health, vision, and dental Insurance. Paid PTO and sick days.