Operations Manager Job Description:
Assess all processes related to Engineering and Production to continually improve and streamline workflow. Candidate is expected to enhance the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management along with business processes, management reporting, and look for opportunities to expand overall capacity via cross training protocol and capital equipment.
Operations manager duties and responsibilities may include, training new and existing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; authoring and discussing with employee’s performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards.
This position will report to the chief executive officer. Background in Deming based Lean Six Sigma Management preferred.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Establish and enforce departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain and control Key performance indicators.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Seek out ways to streamline current processes via new machinery/ process flow.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems.
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce, and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Maintain workload schedule to assure due dates are hit in a timely matter.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings.